TECHNICAL SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
NGUBA CONSULTANCY is seeking to fill the position of a Technical Support Representative to provide technical assistance and answers to users’ questions, assisting users by troubleshooting problems with computer hardware or software.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
• At least three years of experience in customer technical support highly preferred.
• Identifies, investigates, and resolves users’ problems with computer software and hardware.
• Fields support calls, chat, email, and/or other communication from users with inquiries regarding software programming, connectivity, printing, and similar concerns.
• Consults with users to determine steps and procedures taken to identify and resolve the problem.
• Applies knowledge of computer software, hardware, and procedures to solve problems.
• Guides users through diagnostic and troubleshooting processes, which may include use of diagnostic tools and software and/or following verbal instructions.
• Collaborates with other staff to research and resolve problems.
• Collaborates with programmers to explain errors and/or recommend modifications in programs.
• Arranges service by software or hardware vendors to repair or replace defective products.
• Maintains knowledge of technology innovations and trends.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Professional and pleasant telephone manner.
• Ability to explain technical issues to technical and nontechnical employees and customers.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn an array of computer hardware and software.
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.