Click Here to Add a Title
Click Here to Add a Title
CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
NGUBA CONSULTANCY is seeking the position of a Chief Operating Officer to oversee the day-to-day activities of the company, ensuring that the organization is managed and performing efficiently and effectively.
Education and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Business Administration required.
• Extensive and diversified background with at least 10 years of related experience.
• Participates in the hiring and training of departmental managers.
• Organizes and oversees the work and schedules of departmental managers.
• Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
• Handles discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
• Establishes quantitative and qualitative metrics, guidelines, and standards by which the company’s efficiency and effectiveness can be evaluated; identifies opportunities for improvement.
• Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business procedures.
• Implements policies and procedures that will improve day-to-day operations.
• Ensures work environments are adequate and safe.
• Oversees manufacturing, purchasing, and sales departments, ensuring each is reaching goals set by departmental and company leadership.
• Plans, directs, controls, implements, evaluates, monitors, and forecasts budgets and cost of sales in each division to achieve financial objectives.
• Communicates and explains new directives, policies, or procedures to managers; for major changes, meets with entire operations staff to explain changes, answer questions, and maintain morale.
• Improves customer service and satisfaction through policy and procedural changes.
• Leads coordination and integration of efforts among operations, engineering, technology, and customer service divisions to produce smoother workflow and more cost-effective business processes.
• Projects a positive image of the organization to employees, customers, industry, and community.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Thorough understanding of practices, theories, and policies involved in business and finance.
• Superior verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Superior managerial and diplomacy skills.
• Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.